Welcome Calvary and chapel of St. Cross

Stará Turá

7°C

cloudy

Calvary and chapel of St. Cross

Category: Church

Stará Turá, Slovensko


Not rated yet

Calvary stands in the Old Town on the Roman Catholic cemetery in Drahách in the part of the town "Nad humnami." On a slightly rising terrain, the path leading to the dominant Chapel of the Holy Cross, fourteen stops of the Cross, are arranged on both sides of the road in the shadow of centuries. In the Roman Catholic parish archive and in the Old Roman Chronicle, the sacred building is a record that the idea of ​​building Calvary was born after a magnificent pilgrimage to Mariazell in 1857. The base stone of Calvary was laid on 20 October 1862 and completed in September 1863. The former richtár Michal Valovič, who was also the main donor, joined another fourteen families in the town so that each financially paid one stop at the crossing of the Cross.In the time of construction, the pastoral work in Starej Turej was led by Ľudovít Kendfalvay (1860-1863) , Parish priest Ján Zimmermann (1863-188 4), which also consecrated the new building.
Suspensions (small chapels) take the form of a pillar with a plinth and a frame that bears the roof. At the head of a shallow nike, with a curved bend of the basil, there are metallic reliefs of biblical stops with monochrome sweat treatment.
The Calvary Chapel of the Holy Cross is a one-sect neo-Gothic structure with a semi-circular end, in the front with a tower that ends with a pyramidal roof and a double cross. Facades with broken windows are placed on the side walls of a massive pilastre in the form of hinged support pillars, which on the front cover the towers. In the southern wall of the chapel, the tomb of Michal Valovič (1799-1867) is inserted. The floor is paved with polished stone tiles. The entrance to the chapel closes with two doors. One is full, wooden, the other is an artificially forged lattice. Addition and donor of the Roman Catholic parish, the former richtár Michal Valovič dedicated himself to Calvary and Chapel of St. John the Baptist. The 650 golden cross. At that time, the building cost more than 3,900 gold. The construction was carried out by builder Martin Lisal (1826-1896), a Moravian Slovak from Uhorský Brod, who lived with his family in the Old Town. His work is also a former Catholic school in the square. It is buried at the cemetery near Calvary. The interior equipment of the chapel was financially paid to the burgers by Vagačovci Martin, Štefan and Alexander.
A partial renovation of this compendium took place in 1998 and 2005 from donor sponsorships. Kaplnka sv. The cross is also used as a cemetery chapel. Calvary is complemented by a linden tree alley from r. 1898. Lateral alley planted in 1941, opposite the entrance to the cemetery.
Calvary with Chapel of St. The Cross was created for the conduct of a religious cult, for the strengthening of believers in the faith, and for the remembrance of the Millennium of the arrival of Solomon's brothers, Cyril and Method in our territory. In 2007, we commemorated the 150th anniversary of the idea of ​​building the Calvary in the Old Turkey.

Mohlo by vás zaujímať

Trenčiansky hrad

HISTÓRIA. Na mieste dnešného hradu stálo v období Veľkej Moravy hradisko ako správne…

Čachtický hrad

Malebná zrúcanina viditeľná už z diaľky na vápencovo-dolomitickom kopci poskytujúca…

Map

Find top attractions

Contact

Address SNP 40
916 01 Stará Turá
Slovakia

29. 03. 2024 09:00 - 30. 06. 2024 18:00

Trenčín, Slovensko


EVENT

Read more

03. 04. 2024 09:00 - 26. 04. 2024 17:00

Prievidza, Slovensko


EVENT

Read more

19. 04. 2024 08:15 - 19. 04. 2024 10:15

Prievidza, Slovensko


EVENT

Read more

19. 04. 2024 15:00 - 19. 04. 2024 17:00

Prievidza, Slovensko


EVENT

Read more