Discover all hidden treasures
from different corners of our region.
KOCR Trencin region
August 31, 2015
At the beginning
Act no. 91/2010 Coll. On the Promotion of Tourism, the last amendment of which came into force on 01.01.2014, regulates the support of tourism in the Slovak Republic, the rights and obligations of natural persons and legal entities operating in tourism, creation of conceptual documents and financing of tourism development. The provisions of § 8 et seq. Of the Tourism Promotion Act created a legal framework for the establishment, creation, duration of regional tourism organizations.
The regional organization is a legal person established under the Act on Promotion of Tourism, which supports and creates conditions for the development of tourism in the region and protects the interests of its members. Members of a regional organization are a higher territorial unit and at least one regional organization operating in its territory, established under the Tourism Promotion Act.
Origin of KOCR
Higher Territorial Unit - Trenčiansky samosprávny kraj, Regional Tourism Organization Region Horná Nova - BOJNICE, regional organization of tourism Horné Považie Region, regional tourism organization Trenčianske Teplice with the aim of mutual consensus to support tourism in the territory of Trenčiansky samosprávny kraj, decided to establish a regional organization Tourism called Trenčín region / Trenčín Region.
The constituent session of the General Assembly of the Regional Tourism Organization of the Trenčín Region took place on 4 May 2015 in the TSK Office. It was signed by the Founder's Agreement and the Statutes of the Regional Tourism Organization called Trenčín Region Ing. Jaroslav Baška, Chairman of Trenčiansky samosprávny kraj, Helena Dadíková, Chairwoman of the Board of Directors of OOCR Region Horná - Nitra Bojnice, JUDr. Michal Hamar, Chairman of the Board of Directors of OOCR Horní Považie Region and PhDr. Štefan Škultéty, Chairman of the Board of Directors of OOCR Trenčianske Teplice.
Statutory representatives of the founding members at the constituent general meeting also elected the first executive bodies of the KOCR Trenčín region. The first chairman of the regional organization was Mgr. Juraj Gerlici, Head of the TSK Office and PhDr. Eva Frývaldská, from the TSK Office, responsible for tourism.
Main objective - support of tourism in the territory of Trenčiansky samosprávny kraj. The regional organization actively creates conditions and implements activities aimed at the development of tourism in the territory of Trenčiansky samosprávny kraj and protects the interests of its members.
The subject of the KOCR activity
- support and creation of conditions for the development of tourism in the territory of Trenčiansky samosprávny kraj,
- protecting the interests of members of a regional organization,
- supporting activities in the development and implementation of the tourism development concept of Trenčiansky samosprávny kraj,
- creation and implementation of marketing and promotion of tourism for its members at home and abroad,
- promoting the common interests of their members,
- cooperation with the central state administration bodies involved in the fulfillment of the tasks of tourism, with the authorities of the Trenčín self-governing region and with the organizations operating on the territory of the region in matters of tourism,
- promoting cultural, social and sports life and preserving the natural and cultural heritage,
- organizing events for residents and visitors, providing consultancy and consulting services to its members
- promoting the sustainable development of tourism in a way that protects and preserves the environment and respects the way of life of local populations and property rights,
- cooperation in drawing up and implementing the tourism development concept of Trenčiansky samosprávny kraj
- in cooperation with the authorities of the Trenčín Self-Governing Region, the elaboration and implementation of the annual plan of activities of the regional organization
- drawing up the budget approved by the General Assembly
- initiating or ensuring the creation, management and presentation of tourism products
- compiling the annual report and publishing it on your own website
- setting up tourist-information offices and keeping their records,
- advertising, promotional and advertising activities, mediation services in the field of services
- business activity on the basis of valid licenses issued in accordance with generally binding legal regulations.
The regional organization may establish and operate other legal entities to carry out activities related to the fulfillment of the main purpose of the regional organization. KOCR members are: